You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem after having screen replaced.

I have just had my Iphone 5S replaced. It was working fine just had a small crack in it. I was surprised that after having it fixed suddenly the screen would start flickering and go blank. What could cause this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2019 11:30 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 31, 2019 11:40 AM in response to patrizia116

Unless this was Apple itself (who warranties their parts and work for 90 days) or an Apple Authorized service provider, you may have just gotten a bad display. Apple does not make OEM new parts available outside of their network of authorized service providers. So 3rd party repairers are using used/salvaged parts, or non-OEM knockoff parts.

Hopefully whomever did the repair for you stands by their parts and service and fixes whatever they did or used.

Problem after having screen replaced.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.