You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 / IOS 12.3.1 / iPad Bluetooth Keyboard

The keyboard worked great before upgrading to 12.3.1. Bluetooth will not pair with any device now.

Is there a bug in the IOS 12.3.1 Bluetooth that won't permit it to pair on the 2013 iPad Air 2?

Everything else on the iPad works fine.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 9:26 AM

I'm not aware of any Bluetooth issues caused by the iOS 12.3.1 update. None certainly on any of my devices.

Reboot your iPad and see if that helps: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go and your iPad will reboot.

See if Bluetooth operates normally when you sign back in.

Also, check out this link for suggestions: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2019 9:26 AM in response to ZHMMMY

I'm not aware of any Bluetooth issues caused by the iOS 12.3.1 update. None certainly on any of my devices.

Reboot your iPad and see if that helps: Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go and your iPad will reboot.

See if Bluetooth operates normally when you sign back in.

Also, check out this link for suggestions: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPad Air 2 / IOS 12.3.1 / iPad Bluetooth Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.