You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages - I work really hard to format objects and text boxes, when I copy and paste them, all of the formatting is gone

Why is pages so infuriating. I've only been using it for over a decade ...

I work really hard to format objects and text boxes, when I copy and paste them, all of the formatting is gone.

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 6:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 9:01 PM

"Just put a jpg logo into my first page, I changed the opacity and another other tweaks. Tried to copy and paste it to all of my other pages, all of my formatting is gone."

Is the logo to appear at the same location on 'all the other pages'? If so, you shouldn't be pasting it to all the other pages.

Instead, Move the image to the Section Master:

In the image above, the 'logo' has been placed on Page 2, which in this document is the first page of the second section.

The menu item, Move Object to Section Master, has been selected, but not yet activated. On clicking the menu item, the object moves from it's "stsy on page" position to the same position on the Section Master, and immediately appears in the same position in every page in that section:

Note the appearance of the logo on the second page of the section.

If your document has only a single section, the logo will appear on all pages of your document.

If you have more than one section, you will need to copy and paste the object (or option-click and drag a copy into each new section.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2019 9:01 PM in response to PlayaDude

"Just put a jpg logo into my first page, I changed the opacity and another other tweaks. Tried to copy and paste it to all of my other pages, all of my formatting is gone."

Is the logo to appear at the same location on 'all the other pages'? If so, you shouldn't be pasting it to all the other pages.

Instead, Move the image to the Section Master:

In the image above, the 'logo' has been placed on Page 2, which in this document is the first page of the second section.

The menu item, Move Object to Section Master, has been selected, but not yet activated. On clicking the menu item, the object moves from it's "stsy on page" position to the same position on the Section Master, and immediately appears in the same position in every page in that section:

Note the appearance of the logo on the second page of the section.

If your document has only a single section, the logo will appear on all pages of your document.

If you have more than one section, you will need to copy and paste the object (or option-click and drag a copy into each new section.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 20, 2019 6:53 PM in response to PlayaDude

Just put a jpg logo into my first page, I changed the opacity and another other tweaks. Tried to copy and paste it to all of my other pages, all of my formatting is gone.

Same is true with tables, all of the formatting on my tables is gone when I copy and paste them as well.

They've really made Pages worse from almost a decade ago.

Pages - I work really hard to format objects and text boxes, when I copy and paste them, all of the formatting is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.