You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying used iPhone

I purchased a used iPhone and i used a website using IMEI number and it said it was not reported lost or stolen. When I tried using it I was told the website I used only checks carrier's info but not Apple's find my iPhone servers. So I got ripped off. How can I check in the future if phone is reported lost on Apple's servers? Thanks

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 9:35 AM

2 replies

Jun 22, 2019 9:49 AM in response to Cornuttt

As a user of Apple products I have never come across any such list maintained or shared on websites by any Carrier or Apple Inc.

Find My iPhone includes Activation Lock—a feature that's designed to prevent anyone else from using the user's iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen. Activation Lock is enabled automatically when the user turns on Find My iPhone.

Activation Lock helps the user to keep their device secure, even if it's in the wrong hands, and can improve the chances of recovering it. Even if the user erases their device remotely, Activation Lock can continue to deter anyone from reactivating the user's device without their permission.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

Buying used iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.