You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing (double pay)

Yesterday, my father paid for a family subscription for Apple Music, but I wasn’t given a subscription (I am in family sharing). In hope that the error was technical, I also paid for the family subscription to apple music and the money was deducted from the family account a second time. How can we get a refund?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 9:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 9:56 PM

Hi Lomberts,

Welcome to the Apple Music Communities, it has come to my attention that you have been experiencing issues with receiving your Apple Music for Families subscription and also issues with payments.

If you're having issues with family sharing

• Check the payment went through successfully
  • Attempt to rejoin the family, the organizer can remove you from the family and add you back
  • Make sure you're logged in to iCloud and everything is all good under family sharing settings

If you're having an issue with refunds

Contact Apple Support

1. Go to Apple.com
  2. Click Support
  3. Select your device (If this appears)
  4. Click Subscriptions & Purchases
  5. Click the option that applies to you (In your case, it would most likely be Accidental Purchases)
  6. Select a way to talk to Apple Support

Hope this helps, tell me if you need anymore issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2019 9:56 PM in response to Lomberts

Hi Lomberts,

Welcome to the Apple Music Communities, it has come to my attention that you have been experiencing issues with receiving your Apple Music for Families subscription and also issues with payments.

If you're having issues with family sharing

• Check the payment went through successfully
  • Attempt to rejoin the family, the organizer can remove you from the family and add you back
  • Make sure you're logged in to iCloud and everything is all good under family sharing settings

If you're having an issue with refunds

Contact Apple Support

1. Go to Apple.com
  2. Click Support
  3. Select your device (If this appears)
  4. Click Subscriptions & Purchases
  5. Click the option that applies to you (In your case, it would most likely be Accidental Purchases)
  6. Select a way to talk to Apple Support

Hope this helps, tell me if you need anymore issues.

Family sharing (double pay)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.