You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duo sim cards how to use

I’m traveling abroad and bought an eSIM card to use making local calls from my XS phone; I see both my primary and my ‘travel” numbers. I do not have an international plan from my HOME number but can use the WIFI feature to place calls. Question: 1) must I keep the phone in airplane mode to avoid roaming charges; 2) why did it stop making WIFI calls after I installed the eSIM card? 3) do I treat the eSIM card just as if I had a physical SIM card and disable the primary number to use it?

so confused ... much appreciate your help.

thanks

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 7:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 7:18 PM

Use Primary as your default line: If you select this option, Primary will be used by default for voice, SMS, Data, iMessage, and FaceTime. Secondary will be available just for voice and SMS.

Use Secondary as your default line: If you select this option, Secondary will be used for voice, SMS, Data, iMessage, and FaceTime. Primary will be available just for voice and SMS.

Use Secondary for cellular data only: You might want to select this option if you are you're traveling internationally and you want to keep Primary for voice, SMS, iMessage, and FaceTime. This will allow you to use Secondary for data.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209086

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2019 7:18 PM in response to mgodoytess

Use Primary as your default line: If you select this option, Primary will be used by default for voice, SMS, Data, iMessage, and FaceTime. Secondary will be available just for voice and SMS.

Use Secondary as your default line: If you select this option, Secondary will be used for voice, SMS, Data, iMessage, and FaceTime. Primary will be available just for voice and SMS.

Use Secondary for cellular data only: You might want to select this option if you are you're traveling internationally and you want to keep Primary for voice, SMS, iMessage, and FaceTime. This will allow you to use Secondary for data.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209086

duo sim cards how to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.