You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can eSIMs provide local calling services, or do they just support data services?

When traveling abroad, do I need a SIM for local & long distance calling, or can I get those services with an eSIM? I know that both provide data services.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on May 21, 2023 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 9:44 AM

eSIMs can do both services (cellular calls & data). Ask the carrier who will proved that eSIM.

See also this list:--> Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

2 replies

May 21, 2023 9:45 AM in response to joubert93

You might check with your cellular provider. Mine is AT&T and they have a plan for overseas travel that costs $10/day for unlimited calling with no roaming charges. you may not even need to use an eSIM.

eSIM is exactly the same as a physical SIM. The only difference is that a SIM card is a physical card that is inserted on your iPhone whereas an eSIM is software only, no physical card.

Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

Can eSIMs provide local calling services, or do they just support data services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.