You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I Need Receipt For Repair?

Purchased within past 2 months from Apple On Line.  Stopped working. How do I get a copy of the receipt before going to Apple Store for repair or do I need one?

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 9:19 AM

9 replies

Jul 13, 2019 1:14 PM in response to davidneilcormier

If it was purchased 2 months ago I wouldn't worry about it. They will likely go on to a computer and check for approximate warranty coverage expiration. The coverage dates are approximate and the exact expiration date is supposed to be determined via the receipt date. But if the approximate expiration date is way into the future you should have no problem.

As an example, I had an issue with a Lightning cable. At the Apple Store an employee asked me what was the last device I purchased that came with a Lightning cable, which was my iPad Mini 4 that I had with me at the time. They looked up the coverage via the serial number, which would expire in about 7 months. And I got the replacement cable right then, although they wouldn't allow me to keep the retail box.

Do I Need Receipt For Repair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.