You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually selecting Do Not Disturb is not working when I’m in my car and my phone is plugged in to USB

When I manually select Do Not Disturb and it’s been on most of the day working fine outside of the car, I get in the car plug in my phone and suddenly incoming calls start popping up on my car’s screen. It’s like having my phone plugged into the car makes it ignore my Do Not Disturb. I’m using an iPhone 6s with 12.3.1.

Please help fix this because it’s driving me bonkers. The only other option is for me to just put my phone in airplane mode but then I can’t use data :(

*Please note: I am not referring to the “Do Not Disturb While Driving” feature. I do not use that. I only turn DND on/off manually.

thanks,

Britt

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Settings > Do Not Disturb > {SILENCE:}

Probably you have "While iPhone is Locked" [Ticked]: When you are connected to iPhone through USB, your iPhone is no longer locked and hence DND does not silence incoming calls and Notifications.

In stead Tick - Always under Silence Group of DND

See the Pic below

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2019 5:54 PM in response to rocknrollo

Settings > Do Not Disturb > {SILENCE:}

Probably you have "While iPhone is Locked" [Ticked]: When you are connected to iPhone through USB, your iPhone is no longer locked and hence DND does not silence incoming calls and Notifications.

In stead Tick - Always under Silence Group of DND

See the Pic below

Manually selecting Do Not Disturb is not working when I’m in my car and my phone is plugged in to USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.