You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security breach

On my safari, I got a security breach message saying my information is being transferred and to call Apple support. Now my safari app is not working. What do I do?

iPhone XS Max, 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 4:35 PM

It is a scam.

Force quit Safari (option+command+esc) and do not click any buttons that may be on a dialog, even a Cancel button.

Download, install, and run the free Malwarebytes for Mac to see if it discovered any ad/malware, and offers to remove it for you. Then:

1. Press and hold the shift key as you launch Safari.
    1. Safari menu : Clear History… : all history : Clear History. This removes all history and cookie items in Safari 12+.
  2. Safari Preferences : Advanced : [√] Show Develop menu in menu bar.
    1. Press option + command + E to clear your Safari Cache. The Develop menu name will wink as you do this.
  3. Safari Preferences : Extensions : disable all installed extensions.
  4. Safari menu : Quit Safari
  5. Launch Safari normally.

The above should have eliminated the problem.

Disclaimer: Many of us personally use, and recommend Malwarebytes, though the best course of action is to be careful not to click anything on a non-vendor website that downloads stuff that you install on your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2019 4:35 PM in response to bay808

It is a scam.

Force quit Safari (option+command+esc) and do not click any buttons that may be on a dialog, even a Cancel button.

Download, install, and run the free Malwarebytes for Mac to see if it discovered any ad/malware, and offers to remove it for you. Then:

1. Press and hold the shift key as you launch Safari.
    1. Safari menu : Clear History… : all history : Clear History. This removes all history and cookie items in Safari 12+.
  2. Safari Preferences : Advanced : [√] Show Develop menu in menu bar.
    1. Press option + command + E to clear your Safari Cache. The Develop menu name will wink as you do this.
  3. Safari Preferences : Extensions : disable all installed extensions.
  4. Safari menu : Quit Safari
  5. Launch Safari normally.

The above should have eliminated the problem.

Disclaimer: Many of us personally use, and recommend Malwarebytes, though the best course of action is to be careful not to click anything on a non-vendor website that downloads stuff that you install on your Mac.

Security breach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.