You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Radio and Explicit content

Whilst I use Apple music regularly, I'm not a big listener to the Apple Music radio stations, however...

I have a children's activity centre where we play music in the background generally and also in our party rooms whilst parties are in progress. I've been wondering whether to use one or more of the stations available through Apple music, but wonder if we can guarantee that it is free from explicit content.

Are any of the stations guaranteed to be free of explicit content, I don't see anything about it when I browse the radio stations.

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 2:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 5:48 PM

I have seen a report of it being explicit when explicit is turned off and vice versa (several reports of those). The Apple stations and playlists are updated regularly (songs change). The only way you can guarantee the music is clean, is to create your own playlists.

Theres a Kids and Family genre I think would be ok; there’s currently some movie soundtracks available I think would be safe, being they are from children’s movies.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2019 5:48 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I have seen a report of it being explicit when explicit is turned off and vice versa (several reports of those). The Apple stations and playlists are updated regularly (songs change). The only way you can guarantee the music is clean, is to create your own playlists.

Theres a Kids and Family genre I think would be ok; there’s currently some movie soundtracks available I think would be safe, being they are from children’s movies.

Radio and Explicit content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.