You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime app missing

I am trying to install FaceTime on my iPhone se because it’s missing.

i (1) searched the phone for the app, (2) it’s not restricted by screentime settings and (3) I can’t find it on the AppStore.

how can i reinstall the app if none of the above is working?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 7:15 AM

Yup. FaceTime is not available for iPhone sold for Arab Emirates (...AE/A) to be used in other country.

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS devices2. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2019 7:15 AM in response to ghjklöä

Yup. FaceTime is not available for iPhone sold for Arab Emirates (...AE/A) to be used in other country.

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS devices2. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia.

Jul 19, 2019 7:13 AM in response to ghjklöä

That particular one won't have FaceTime anywhere outside the Middle East, or in the United Arab Emirates or Israel; access to it depends on the SIM card being from there.

ckuan: For reference, only a small number of Middle Eastern iPhones are restricted in this way; these are from the UAE and older units from other countries. Ones from Israel aren't restricted.

(173067)

Jul 19, 2019 7:14 AM in response to ghjklöä

The model number corresponds to an iPhone meant for sale in the Middle East (AE). Such iPhones will only have Facetime when being used on allowed carriers in that region.

They will not have Facetime outside of the region, or even in the region if using non-allowed carriers or in countries that outright ban Facetime.

There is no way to enable or install Facetime in those phones outside of the regions or carriers where it is allowed.

Jul 19, 2019 8:30 AM in response to ghjklöä

You can make Facetime calls to other Apple device users through their Apple ID, you will not be able to make cellular phone calls to non Apple devices if that is what you mean without a correctly setup iPhone.

There are also Mac Apps that will let you make cellular calls by assigning a number to you, and routing the call through their servers.

For instance Google Voice: https://voice.google.com/about

FaceTime app missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.