You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant hear videos in Safari on my ipad. I can hear in all other apps, but not safari.

I can’t hear videos in Safari on my iPad. I can hear in all other apps, but not Safari. As a matter of fact, when the video begins to play, you can immediately hear a ‘blip’ as if a switch (controlling the volume) has been switched off.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 6:54 PM

I GOT IT! FINALLY!!!

I noticed when I opened another news story with a video that:

1. the actual size of the video was smaller than the one I was looking at earlier
  2. when I tapped the video ( so that the line that scrolls across can be seen) and noticed there was a volume button that was muted. I unmuted it and it worked.

However, when I went back to the other tab, where the video was much larger and stretched from left to right, I could only see the scroll bar and not the mute icon. Anyway, I just tapped at the far right and bottom of the screen, where I thought the button might be, and it worked. Mind you I was tapping all over that screen earlier and it didn’t work, but, thankfully it worked this time.

Thanks again for your help.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2019 6:54 PM in response to QuickPost

I GOT IT! FINALLY!!!

I noticed when I opened another news story with a video that:

1. the actual size of the video was smaller than the one I was looking at earlier
  2. when I tapped the video ( so that the line that scrolls across can be seen) and noticed there was a volume button that was muted. I unmuted it and it worked.

However, when I went back to the other tab, where the video was much larger and stretched from left to right, I could only see the scroll bar and not the mute icon. Anyway, I just tapped at the far right and bottom of the screen, where I thought the button might be, and it worked. Mind you I was tapping all over that screen earlier and it didn’t work, but, thankfully it worked this time.

Thanks again for your help.

Jul 21, 2019 3:27 PM in response to MicheMax

Hello,

Please verify that your are running the latest system software for your iPad by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update.

Try to Force Quit the application by double-tapping the iPad’s Home Button until the App Switch opens. Swipe up on Safari.

Please also try restarting your iPad by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see “Slide to power off...” Once your iPad has powered off press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.

Jul 21, 2019 6:41 PM in response to MicheMax

Hello,

Just so I can be on the same page, you are unable to hear audio from any application on your iPad mini?

Try and use a toothpick (or something else non metallic) to clean out any potential debris that could be in your mini-phono port (headphone).

If this still does not help then I suggest that you reach out to Apple for further assistance.

Contact AppleCare

cant hear videos in Safari on my ipad. I can hear in all other apps, but not safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.