You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are files deleted from recent files deleted everywhere ? Why Are there ~10,000 files in my recent files?

There is like 10 - 15 copies of most of my files. If I delete all, what will happen? How can I stop this? I know that I can go into the Apple menu but that not the same thing. At least that's what I read anyway. I'm trying to clean things out and it seams like there multiplying. AHHH!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 1:27 AM

Yes, you will delete all of your files.

They are not copies. Those are your original files.

Recents is a Smart Folder which just finds all the files that have been used, wherever they are, and displays them in that folder. They are the originals. They are not copies.

1 reply

Are files deleted from recent files deleted everywhere ? Why Are there ~10,000 files in my recent files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.