You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File manager Finder in macbook mojave 10.14.6

Finder opens correctly, but when I open a new or second window in Finder opens over the first, I cannot manage files

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 7:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 7:37 PM

I'm not sure what it exactly says as I'm not using my Mac at the moment.

I know there are threads discussing how to get individual windows open, so it may have some issues.

You should be able to ctrl-click on a folder and hold down Option or Command (can't remember) and there will be a command to open in a new window, but I think that is what people are having problems with.

You can drag the tab out of the window and it will open in a separate window.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2019 7:37 PM in response to Rodrigohgg

I'm not sure what it exactly says as I'm not using my Mac at the moment.

I know there are threads discussing how to get individual windows open, so it may have some issues.

You should be able to ctrl-click on a folder and hold down Option or Command (can't remember) and there will be a command to open in a new window, but I think that is what people are having problems with.

You can drag the tab out of the window and it will open in a separate window.

File manager Finder in macbook mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.