You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aspect ratio support

I live in an apartment. My computer & FIOS TV are in the utility room. I have a 16:9 1080P 27" monitor connected to my 2018 Mac mini. I have a 16:9 23" 720P HDTV connected to my FIOS set-top box.

I was browsing around the Best Buy website the other day & saw a 21:9 34" HDTV. I'd like to get a 21:9 monitor & connect both my computer & my FIOS set-top box to the one TV.

Doesn't macOS support 4K UHD? Would I need to get a Thunderbolt cable to be able to view a 4K UHD TV?

Does Mojave support the 21:9 aspect ratio? If it doesn't then there's no point in me getting a 21:9 TV.

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 2:48 PM

You've posted this in the Apple TV forum. Are you asking about Apple TV or a Mac? If the latter, then post in a proper forum. The computers support 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios. I'm guess an Apple TV 4K will support common resolutions and aspect ratios of a connected TV, but you probably should ask at Best Buy.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2019 2:48 PM in response to macnerd48

You've posted this in the Apple TV forum. Are you asking about Apple TV or a Mac? If the latter, then post in a proper forum. The computers support 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios. I'm guess an Apple TV 4K will support common resolutions and aspect ratios of a connected TV, but you probably should ask at Best Buy.

Aspect ratio support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.