You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

21:9 aspect ratio

I live in an apartment. My computer & FIOS TV are in the utility room. I have a 16:9 1080P 27" monitor connected to my 2018 Mac mini. I have a 16:9 23" 720P HDTV connected to my FIOS set-top box.

I was browsing around the Best Buy website the other day & saw a 21:9 34" HDTV. I'd like to get a 21:9 monitor & connect both my computer & my FIOS set-top box to the one TV.

Doesn't macOS support 4K UHD? Would I need to get a Thunderbolt cable to be able to view a 4K UHD TV?

Does Mojave support the 21:9 aspect ratio? If it doesn't then there's no point in me getting a 21:9 TV.

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 6:02 AM

6 replies

Aug 17, 2019 1:06 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Yet you answered! Thank you.

What do you suggest I do? To which forum do I direct my question about the 21:9 aspect ratio?

I assumed that asking the question on the mini forum would be the correct forum. I asked the question on the mini forum because that's what I have. I was told that it was the wrong forum to ask. Then it occurred to me that if the 21:9 aspect ratio is supported, the logical place to ask is on the macOS forum. I have Mojave on my mini & on my MacBook Air.

So, to which forum do I direct my question or do I assume that macOS doesn't support the 21:9 aspect ratio?

21:9 aspect ratio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.