You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari beeps when clicking inside the window

I've had a problem the past few days where safari beeps when you click on anything. You can still use your keyboard. Also, several options from the menu are greyed out.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 12:38 PM

I don't know what caused the issue but when I opened the terminal to kill Safari I noticed several other processes with "Safari" in the name. I also noticed the date of the processes were several days ago (when the issue started) despite having rebooted several times today. I killed all the processes with "Safari" in the command and then opened safari with the shift key. This seemed to solve the issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2019 12:38 PM in response to ronny16

I don't know what caused the issue but when I opened the terminal to kill Safari I noticed several other processes with "Safari" in the name. I also noticed the date of the processes were several days ago (when the issue started) despite having rebooted several times today. I killed all the processes with "Safari" in the command and then opened safari with the shift key. This seemed to solve the issue.

Safari beeps when clicking inside the window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.