You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a Mojave USB Installer, with Mojave?

I've tried to create a Mojave USB Installer with Mojave currently installed on my Mac HD, but the process fails, saying I need to have Sierra, etc.

I am about to upgrade to a new HD (SSD NVMe) and need to have the Mojave installer set up. However, I have already been using Mojave.

Help ASAP if you know! - Thanks.

Geoff

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 5:36 AM

9 replies

Aug 13, 2019 5:55 AM in response to dialabrain

Yes, and ran the terminal script as suggested, which displays:

"To use this tool, you must download the macOS installer application on a Mac with 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. For more information, please see the following: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201372."

I then tried using Disk Drill, and it also failed, with "Installer disk creation failed with this error "To use this tool, you must download the macOS installer application on a Mac with 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. For more information, please see the following: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201372". Please try selecting another installer app."

I am running MacOS 10.4.6. The downloaded installer in my Applications folder is called:

"Install macOS Mojave.app"

Aug 13, 2019 5:52 AM in response to gmrsamson

I am running Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87) with supplemental update. Yesterday, I went to the Mac App Store, and chose to download Mojave again. The software update tool appears and when the download is complete, software update disappears and the Mojave installer screen appears — which one cancels. The Mojave installer is in /Applications, and the instructions for creating a Mojave USB stick that dialabrain linked to work just fine.

How to create a Mojave USB Installer, with Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.