You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A question involving Adobe and older OS

I’m sure some of you have heard how Adobe photoshop CS6 and below don’t work on Mojave. I have done the security trick and it still crashes often, especially when I try to open a file.

So so my question is, unless there has been some major fix I have not heard about yet,

can I run an older version of Mac OS on a part of my hard drive, and if so, would it be easy to switch back and fourth between the new and old OS??

i already run everything through an external SSD OS to make everything run faster (using a 2014 Mac mini that is virtually not possible to upgrade)

my actual Mac OS drive is just chillin not really being used for anything but backups.

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 8:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 8:58 AM

Yes you can run an older OS on your Mac, use System Preferences> Startup Disk to switch between the two.

Please note you cannot install an OS older than the one your Mac came with, so that could be Mac OS X Mavericks

or if it was bought later in 2014 it could have been Mac OS X Yosemite.

3 replies

A question involving Adobe and older OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.