You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Why does it break so often and how can I stop it?

My adapter is broken once again. I have not been doing anything that should ruin it. I keep my phone in my pocket, take out my adapter a few times a day, switch from headphones to a headset a once a day, and I only use a wireless charger. If I move the cord while it is in my phone, it will either pause my music, begin playing music (even when I haven’t opened Apple Music since I’ve restarted my phone), bring up voice control, speed up music, skip songs, play the next youtube video, pause the video, or hang up a call that I am in. In a couple of other cases, the adapter simply stopped working or made only one ear audible. I am sure it’s not my headphones as I’ve tested them on other devices. I know it’s not my phone since I could still charge it with a lightning cable with no complications. I have gone through 6 or more adapters since January 2019 (8 months). I have exchanged them up to the limit. I have been buying them at T-Mobile stores. These have been a waste of money as they break in 2 months or less. Would anyone please tell me how I could make these last or how to fix them?

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 4:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.