You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some songs play; others from the same purchase require me to authorize my computer.

I bought an album with 100 songs through the iTunes store and downloaded all 100 songs. Some of them play and others do not - I get a message saying: this computer is not authorized to play (song name). Would you like to authorize it?

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:13 AM

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. From what I can tell, all my recently purchased songs are now playing. I was able to go in and unhide/re-download, not only the ones I deleted, but many others that were hidden. In the process, it created duplicate playlists; however, I will figure that l'll figure that part out on my own. Thank you again for your help. All is well.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2019 4:13 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. From what I can tell, all my recently purchased songs are now playing. I was able to go in and unhide/re-download, not only the ones I deleted, but many others that were hidden. In the process, it created duplicate playlists; however, I will figure that l'll figure that part out on my own. Thank you again for your help. All is well.

Aug 26, 2019 2:50 AM in response to Niel

I tested your process by deleting two songs from my library. Next I went online and tried downloading the same two songs from the same album, but it wouldn't let me. I did notice two plus marks on the right side of the screen, but they seemed dead and would not do anything when I click on them. So now I don't have the songs in my own library, plus it does not appear I can download them either.

Some songs play; others from the same purchase require me to authorize my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.