You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove all unneeded emails from my iPhone 7 (ios 12.4)?

I want to trash/delete a large number of old emails from my iphone to free up space. I looked up the instructions--open Email program, go to "Sent," tap "Edit," and choose "Mark all as unread." Nothing happened. Is there a way to trash 428 messages and then delete them without checking off each and every one? Thanks!

PS: Is there a way to set Sent Mail for automatic deletion after X number of days? Thanks again!

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 9:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 9:49 AM

Move / Delete All Emails on iPhone iPad

This a hidden workaround to delete all email in Inbox or Draft on iPhone. In this way, you can easily remove all emails on iPhone to your Trash or Junk folder and delete all of them using the Trash All feature.

1. Open your “Mail” app > “Inbox” > Click “Edit” button > Select any one mail email
  2. Now press on the “Move” button with one finger, and while holding the “Move” button, uncheck the message you previously selected
  3. Wait for a while and then you will see a page showing all folders in the account, which enables you to move all emails to another folder. Move the emails to Trash or Junk folder or any other folder

This can be un-done using the same method. (1, 2 & 3)

Watch the GIF below

I have uploaded a video fo better clarity

https://youtu.be/7ElvWh7AQYI

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2019 9:49 AM in response to Turtlewiz

Move / Delete All Emails on iPhone iPad

This a hidden workaround to delete all email in Inbox or Draft on iPhone. In this way, you can easily remove all emails on iPhone to your Trash or Junk folder and delete all of them using the Trash All feature.

1. Open your “Mail” app > “Inbox” > Click “Edit” button > Select any one mail email
  2. Now press on the “Move” button with one finger, and while holding the “Move” button, uncheck the message you previously selected
  3. Wait for a while and then you will see a page showing all folders in the account, which enables you to move all emails to another folder. Move the emails to Trash or Junk folder or any other folder

This can be un-done using the same method. (1, 2 & 3)

Watch the GIF below

I have uploaded a video fo better clarity

https://youtu.be/7ElvWh7AQYI

How do I remove all unneeded emails from my iPhone 7 (ios 12.4)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.