You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have a visus

I was wondering if there was a virus on my iPad as some of my apps seem to freeze and if so how do I get rid of it

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 10:22 AM

Unless you have jailbroken your iPad, no iPad can get virus or malware.

If apps freeze or things are running slow, I'd go to Settings > iPad Storage and see how much free space you have left on the iPad. If you are running out of memory, that could certainly make things run slow. And if you are, you should delete unneeded apps, photos, music, texts email from the device.

Also, double tap your home button to bring up the app switcher. If you have apps running in the background using memory, it can slow things down.

Finally, check how many pages you have running in Safari and close any page you don't need.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2019 10:22 AM in response to Sharb40

Unless you have jailbroken your iPad, no iPad can get virus or malware.

If apps freeze or things are running slow, I'd go to Settings > iPad Storage and see how much free space you have left on the iPad. If you are running out of memory, that could certainly make things run slow. And if you are, you should delete unneeded apps, photos, music, texts email from the device.

Also, double tap your home button to bring up the app switcher. If you have apps running in the background using memory, it can slow things down.

Finally, check how many pages you have running in Safari and close any page you don't need.

Do I have a visus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.