You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C to SD card reader not working

So I have GoPro footage on an SD card from when I went parasailing this summer. I'm trying to get that footage onto my MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) using a USB-C to SD card reader manufactured by Apple. I insert the SD card into the reader and then plug the reader into the computer, but there's nowhere in my Photos app where it gives me the option to import any files, videos, or photos. Anyone have a solution?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 9:49 AM

1 - make sure The checkbox titled CDs, DVDs and iPods is checked in the Finder/General preference pane:

2 - if you can see the memory card on the desktop you can open it, drag the folder containing the video files to the Desktop and import into Photos from there.

1 reply

USB-C to SD card reader not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.