You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem updating iPad Pro to iPadOS

I have attempted to update my iPad Pro 12.9 inch to iPadOS. After installing the update the OS never completed startup. The startup screen appears but then continues to disappear and reappear over and over. The OS software never starts up for use. Suggestions on how to proceed? Can I restore from a backup? Currently my iPad is bricked.

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 3:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 4:23 AM

You will need iTunes on your computer. Then See if this helps at all: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201412

5 replies

Sep 27, 2019 7:21 PM in response to kb1951

By “bricked” I mean the iPad is nonfunctional. The iPad turns on and the start screen with the Apple logo appears. The start screen stays visible for perhaps 15-20 seconds then the screen goes dark. The start screen then reappears and the process repeats over and over. The OS software never starts up and I have no access to the software or any apps. This began occurring immediately after I attempted to install the update to iPadOS today. The update seemed to download without issues but something apparently went wrong during the installation.

Problem updating iPad Pro to iPadOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.