You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Dozen Columns: Need automatic way to select each one

I'm sorting checking expenses. I've columns for "amount" & "what for" followed by over two dozen columns that break down each expense, i.e. phone, ads, vehicle gas, rentals, etc etc. Is there a script or shortcut to get check "amount" from "what for" to the proper category? Thanks

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 3:57 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 1, 2019 11:49 AM in response to Hal Muskat

Hi Hal,

Something seems ot be wonky with notifications. I am also getting multiple emails about posts.

In the template, you can choose the category for each expense using the popup. This all happens in the Transactions table. In the Budget sheet the Summary by Category table is the report. I think this is what you are after with your question but it is not clear to me.

Wayne's suggestion, and mine, is to organize your input and report tables more like the Monthly Budget spreadsheet. Wayne is considering your "what for" column to be the category. Is this correct? I am suggesting your assign a category to each transaction and then add a note if you want to distinguish between "my Phone" and "kid's phone". Having a popup for categories is a great and necessary feature of this spreadsheet.

quinn

Two Dozen Columns: Need automatic way to select each one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.