You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs Max - Dark Mode Won't Turn Off

While the Dark Mode on my desktop is fantastic, it's a disaster (as far as I'm concerned) on my iPhone XS Max . I tried to use the Shortcuts to create a toggle to turn on Dark Mode, and now, no matter what, I can't turn it off. I deleted the Shortcut, went into settings, etc., and even something as simple as clicking on Light won't work. I've hard started the phone and nuthin'.

In addition, it makes videos on YouTube and Vimeo look like they're in negative. And since I can't turn it off, it more or less makes my phone useless for those times when I just want to watch videos (such as in a waiting room).

This was obviously a bug that slipped by. I can't believe I'm the only one who's been affected by this.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:19 PM

7 replies

iPhone Xs Max - Dark Mode Won't Turn Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.