You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk mail false positive

My emails from a friend are always marked as junk even though I always click "not junk". I have added the account to my contacts, still happens.

Is there a way to white-list the address or something beyond what I am already doing?

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 10:02 AM

If the e-mails aren't brown/tan, then your e-mail provider may have marked them as junk. Try going to the e-mail provider's website to see if you can adjust the junk settings there.

If they are brown/tan, go to Mail/Preferences/Junk Mail and click Reset at the bottom left. While in the preferences, make sure the exempt boxes are checked.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2019 10:02 AM in response to cramdesign

If the e-mails aren't brown/tan, then your e-mail provider may have marked them as junk. Try going to the e-mail provider's website to see if you can adjust the junk settings there.

If they are brown/tan, go to Mail/Preferences/Junk Mail and click Reset at the bottom left. While in the preferences, make sure the exempt boxes are checked.

Junk mail false positive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.