You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternating row colors

Mohave 14.6, Numbers 6.2

For some reason, having tried more than a few times, selecting alternating row colors does not work on this particular file. Yes, it was imported from an Xcel file, but I thought I've covered my bases in all that I've tried. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 5:32 AM

You mentioned that you imported this from Excel. My experience is there are settings that import that somehow conflict. So.. copy the data in the tables from the excel document and paste them into a new document using the menu item "Paste and Match Style", then format in the new document as needed.

4 replies

Oct 10, 2019 5:20 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Thanks for the reply. But...

well, let me instead say that I'm not trying to do anything that I don't do automatically in myriad other tables. Having said that, directly to your suggestion, I would select all cells below the header cells, choose no fill from the cell format menu, then go back to the Table options and select Alternating Row Color, with no success. I've also tried selecting, in Cell Format, Default Table Style, also with no luck.

Other thoughts are indeed welcome.

Alternating row colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.