You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download YouTube after I restored from iCloud backup.

problem: I cannot download YouTube from App Store with the blue cloud button. Every time I click download, it shows the download circle for a second and then back to the blue cloud button as I haven’t clicked on it.

All the methods that I have tried so far but doesn’t work:

1-restriction : I don’t have any restrictions for the app installation and I tried download the YouTube music app which is 17+, and it worked. The only app that I cannot download so far is YouTube.

2-reset phone under setting-general: I have reset all settings, but I still cannot download it

3-sign out and sign back in iTunes Store: I even tried two different Apple IDs...it just doesn’t work

situations maybe related to this problem:

1-I switched my phone and start using my mom’s iPhone 7

2- as a result I transferred all my stuffs (-apps & setting etc) through iCloud

3- I upgraded my system to the newest version

I use YouTube everyday, so I really hope someone can help me solve this issue. Thank you for the helps in advance!!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 2:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 3:44 AM

Problem solved.

I double check my iCloud back up and it showed that 109MB has not yet downloaded. I believe that is the YouTube app.. so I stop it and download through App Store. Finally, I can use my YouTube app again.

1 reply

Cannot download YouTube after I restored from iCloud backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.