You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I upgrade to catalina with my imac will I beable to sinc with my mac book pro with High Siera

if I upgrade to catalina with my imac will I beable to sinc with my mac book pro with High Siera

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 8:31 AM

I am using a mixture of OS versions between home and work. The only gotcha I found was with Reminders. Reminders go a big update and the old isn't compatible with the new. This doesn't affect me personally because I use Things for reminders but if you do make the switch, be sure not to select the Reminders upgrade. (This was initiated on my iPhone but I assume you'll get the same prompt the first time you run Reminders on your Catalina Mac)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2019 8:31 AM in response to ekim9MAT

I am using a mixture of OS versions between home and work. The only gotcha I found was with Reminders. Reminders go a big update and the old isn't compatible with the new. This doesn't affect me personally because I use Things for reminders but if you do make the switch, be sure not to select the Reminders upgrade. (This was initiated on my iPhone but I assume you'll get the same prompt the first time you run Reminders on your Catalina Mac)

Oct 15, 2019 9:34 PM in response to woodmeister50

Ok, I am about to upgrade to Catalina from Mojave on a iMac. My travel computer is a a 2011 mac book pro using high siera at the moment ,this laptop will not upgrade to Catalina. my question is "will I be able to use both machines with the same data, mail,Notes, etc" as I do now as they both sinc via iCloud all the same stuff. Whether I use the iMac or the MBP its the same .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.