You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a 64 bit version of "iPhoto" that will run in Catalin

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Catalina OS..... I lost the 32 bit app iPhoto.... I make my web sites with iPhoto and the "Photos" in Catalina does not offer that...... Is there any app similar to iPhoto that will work to export my photos in a web site format?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 8:28 PM

There is not. Apple replaced the iPhoto app with the new Photos app and stopped updating iPhoto for the past several OS updates. I believe they indicated that the iPhoto app would be going away in the near future but they kept it there for a good 2-3 years past the release of the replacement Photos app. If you need iPhotos, then you would need to stay on Mojave until you can replace it with something else that does what you need.

I'm not familiar with exactly what you mean....but you can create a "shared album" in Photos which basically is a URL on iCloud that you can share with people to view the photos you want in a browser.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2019 8:28 PM in response to Statsme2

There is not. Apple replaced the iPhoto app with the new Photos app and stopped updating iPhoto for the past several OS updates. I believe they indicated that the iPhoto app would be going away in the near future but they kept it there for a good 2-3 years past the release of the replacement Photos app. If you need iPhotos, then you would need to stay on Mojave until you can replace it with something else that does what you need.

I'm not familiar with exactly what you mean....but you can create a "shared album" in Photos which basically is a URL on iCloud that you can share with people to view the photos you want in a browser.

Is there a 64 bit version of "iPhoto" that will run in Catalin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.