You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play music with new iOS update

Since updating the latest software, I have had difficulty playing my music. A vast majority of my music is downloaded from iTunes to my iPad. The music app either freezes or does not load the music with the playlists showing up empty. Eventually a few will load correctly. I can access the songs if I search by artist if it doesn’t crash the app, but never the playlists. It has been this way for over a week since the new iOS. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 1:22 PM

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software is up to date

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2019 1:22 PM in response to hillary211

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software is up to date

Nov 10, 2019 9:41 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you for your reply. This didn’t quite help. The first few playlists show up, but not the rest and then it crashes if I try to open one of the playlists. All the songs are there on my iPad and I can random shuffle all 5000 or so songs but cannot access the playlists. I thought the issue was that it was trying to sync with my wife’s iPad as well as she doesn’t have the same songs downloaded to her device. I have cd music uploaded, purchased iTunes music and itunes songs streaming into my playlists.

Unable to play music with new iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.