You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch won't update to iOS 13.1.3, stuck at update requested.

Hello All,

I was wondering why my iPod touch was stuck at update requested and wouldn't download the update. There is no update file to delete, and it is stuck at that screen whenever I try to go back into Settings>General>Software update. Please help, cause I'm craving dark mode!! Thanks!! It's an iPod touch 7th Generation.

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 5:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 6:29 AM

You can try doing the iCloud/iTunes backup of your iPod and using restore feature in iTunes. It will update it to the latest firmware and then you can restore it from the backup.

Also, after the backup, you can try doing the factory reset of your iPod and retrying all the ways described earlier.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2019 6:29 AM in response to JGACS

You can try doing the iCloud/iTunes backup of your iPod and using restore feature in iTunes. It will update it to the latest firmware and then you can restore it from the backup.

Also, after the backup, you can try doing the factory reset of your iPod and retrying all the ways described earlier.

Oct 28, 2019 5:48 AM in response to JGACS

Hi!

iPod touch 7th gen is compatible with iOS 13 so you should be able to update.

An easy way to update it is to connect it the PC or Mac and update it via iTunes.

If you don't have a chance to do that, try doing the hard restart of your iPod. To do that do:

"Press and hold both the Top button and the Volume Down button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo."

And try again

Please let me know if any of that helps :)

iPod touch won't update to iOS 13.1.3, stuck at update requested.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.