You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft WORD and macOC Catalina update issues

I upgraded to macOS Catalina and it has blocked me out of all my Microsoft WORD docs. While I can see them, I can's edit or create new docs. I do not want to upgrade to Word 365. How do I get my old WORD back?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 6:49 AM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2019 3:19 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

1. Didn't see it.
  2. I don't want to subscribe to what I've already purchased.
  3. AUD $200
  4. thanks I'll try it, but I hate wasting my friggin' time being jerked around by companies treating me like an eftpos machine - especially with 2 27" Macs, 1 older Mac, 4 laptops of assorted type & size, 1 iPad, 3 iPad minis and five iPhones. Not like I'm not already doing my bit to help their company profits.

Oct 29, 2019 10:21 AM in response to roadrunner6343

roadrunner6343 wrote:

I upgraded to macOS Catalina and it has blocked me out of all my Microsoft WORD docs. While I can see them, I can's edit or create new docs. I do not want to upgrade to Word 365. How do I get my old WORD back?

If you are using Word 2016 you can update it to work with Catalina. If you are using Word 2011 - that program is nearly 9 years old. Most programs don't last that long! And if you are using Word 2011, at least download the newest version and give it a try. I think it is tons better.

Dec 15, 2019 7:07 PM in response to BruceDevereaux

BruceDevereaux wrote:

So I upgrade my Mac and the only option I have to be able to use word is a $200 spend? And that's okay with you guys to enable this without any warning??

1) You were warned every time you launched a 32-bit app in the last year.

2) You can subscribe to Offie 365 for $69/year or 6.99/month USD

3) You can buy Office Home and Student for $149.99 USD

4) You can use a free office suite such as LibreOffice.

Microsoft WORD and macOC Catalina update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.