You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Specific Passwords missing from my Apple ID account page

I'm trying to add an app-specific password on my Apple ID account page. Apple's instructions say "In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords" but neither the security section nor the entire account page has any link or button relative to either Generate Password or App-Specific Passwords. I do have two-factor authentication enabled. This page lists all of my info and all of my devices -- can there be another, different account page I should go to? Is there something I need to do to enable the app-specific password info?

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 10:21 AM

contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

3 replies

App Specific Passwords missing from my Apple ID account page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.