You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorites

I have an iPhone 8 P. When I try to add a contact to my “favorites“ the “add to favorites“ button just stays gray and does nothing when I tap it. I do everything else that is required, and have never run into this problem on my old iPhone 6S. Help!

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 7:13 PM

Hello NTW1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It appears the 'Favorites' option is grayed out on your iPhone in Contacts. I'll do what I can to help.

These suggestions might work for you:

• Check the default account being used for contacts (Settings > Contacts > Default Account). Try changing the account to a different one to see if the option returns.
  • If it's happening with just one specific contact, try removing the contact and adding it again: Add and use contact information on iPhone
  • Restart your iPhone

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2019 7:13 PM in response to NTW1

Hello NTW1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It appears the 'Favorites' option is grayed out on your iPhone in Contacts. I'll do what I can to help.

These suggestions might work for you:

• Check the default account being used for contacts (Settings > Contacts > Default Account). Try changing the account to a different one to see if the option returns.
  • If it's happening with just one specific contact, try removing the contact and adding it again: Add and use contact information on iPhone
  • Restart your iPhone

Take care.

Favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.