You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My inbox emails somehow all ended up in my trash!

My inbox emails somehow all ended up in my trash for exactly the last 2 yrs. Now they are mixed with thousands of trash emails and I hope there is an easier way of restoring things, without manually going through and moving all the emails I need back in the inbox.

I tried going to iCloud, and it is the same there. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 5:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 2:55 PM

command-Z to undo the last command on the email software that the transfer happened in.

If that does not work, you may need to create a separate folder to wade through your trash to not accidentally delete emails you want to keep. Sort by subject or sender by selecting the header of the mailbox in question so you can easier manage which emails to keep.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2019 2:55 PM in response to larynxdoc

command-Z to undo the last command on the email software that the transfer happened in.

If that does not work, you may need to create a separate folder to wade through your trash to not accidentally delete emails you want to keep. Sort by subject or sender by selecting the header of the mailbox in question so you can easier manage which emails to keep.

My inbox emails somehow all ended up in my trash!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.