You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I put some emails from my icloud email trash into archive but they have completely disappeared. Is they any way i can retrieve them?

Hi, I had archived some emails dating back 18 months from my trash but some reason they have completely disappeared. I only archived one to start with to check it went to archive which it did. So i sent the lot i needed and they've all gone. Can i get these back any way?

I also archived emails from my inbox which i can find in my archive.

many thanks

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 10:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 2:25 AM

Mails from trash are never copied and pasted in archive folder , archiving of mails is to create second copy of mails that are inbox Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support , suppose the inbox mails are deleted and emptied immediately they are erased from iCloud server permanently Delete email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Note : that single mail you moved from trash to archive will not be found , it depends you had iCloud archive feature always turned as on then 18 months back mails will be found in them .

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2021 2:25 AM in response to Andrewb019

Mails from trash are never copied and pasted in archive folder , archiving of mails is to create second copy of mails that are inbox Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support , suppose the inbox mails are deleted and emptied immediately they are erased from iCloud server permanently Delete email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Note : that single mail you moved from trash to archive will not be found , it depends you had iCloud archive feature always turned as on then 18 months back mails will be found in them .

I put some emails from my icloud email trash into archive but they have completely disappeared. Is they any way i can retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.