You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to mirror my mid 2013 MacBook air to my Toshiba smart TV

I'm trying to get my mid 2013 MacBook Air to mirror to my Toshiba TV (model 40L7355).Had the MacBook connected to one of the HDMI ports via a Thunderbolt tto HDMI connector. Somehow, I can't get the laptop screen show up on the TV screen.

I even downloaded some mirroring software, but that costs and I've seen tutorials on YT, all of which seem a waste of time because they don't address my issues.

Any clues, anyone?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 3:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 7:06 AM

Use your TV as a display with Mac - Apple Support

You do not need third party apps to use a TV as a display.

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 16, 2019 1:53 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I was using one of the 4 HDMI sockets, but in the end, I found out that I had to select the left side button (a circle with a horizontal arrow through it) on the TV remote. That gave me the option of selecting the HDMI number for the socket I had pushed the plug into.

In short: I sorted it all by myself. When I had finished viewing what I wanted, I had to remember to select HDMI4 to return to TV viewing.

How to mirror my mid 2013 MacBook air to my Toshiba smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.