You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to mirror my MacBook Pro to a TV

I'm trying to mirror my MacBook Pro to an old Panasonic box TV from 2002 (CT-1388YD)

The TV only has RCA and BNC outputs and inputs (for video/audio) , because of this I had to buy an adapter that converted RCA to HDMI. After putting the RCA to the HDMI and plugging it into my computer and TV I wasn't able to get the it to be mirrored and I couldn't find anything within the mac recognizing the other device, I'm not sure what part of this isn't working but I can confirm the TV and all of the inputs and outputs built into the TV work just fine. (Adapter I used) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JLF16KK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If anyone knows what to do please help, Thanks :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 22, 2022 4:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 4:51 PM

You may have to tell the TV set to look at a specific input port.

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities. Otherwise, the display will not be shown as present, and no data will be sent to the display. "No signal detected" is generated by the DISPLAY, not by the Mac.

This query is only sent at certain times:

• at startup

• at wake from sleep — so momentarily sleeping and waking your Mac may work

• at insertion of the Mac-end of the display-cable, provided everything on that cable is ready-to-go

• on invoking Option-(Detect Display) button in Displays preferences (from another display)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2022 4:51 PM in response to FlippyFrog44

You may have to tell the TV set to look at a specific input port.

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities. Otherwise, the display will not be shown as present, and no data will be sent to the display. "No signal detected" is generated by the DISPLAY, not by the Mac.

This query is only sent at certain times:

• at startup

• at wake from sleep — so momentarily sleeping and waking your Mac may work

• at insertion of the Mac-end of the display-cable, provided everything on that cable is ready-to-go

• on invoking Option-(Detect Display) button in Displays preferences (from another display)

Trying to mirror my MacBook Pro to a TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.