You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add child's iPhone to family sharing?

We just got my daughter an iPhone. She previously had an apple id with her iPod that we used to set up our family sharing. Her iPhone was set up with that apple id, but when I look up her devices in family sharing I do not see her iPhone listed, and I cannot see her location in Find My. Her iPod is listed twice under her devices. How can I add her iPhone to her name in family sharing and see her iPhone? And, will I be able to see her in Find My if her phone is turned off?

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 5:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 6:27 AM

Have her sign out of Settings/Your Name/iCloud, wait a few minutes, and sign back in. Is location sharing turned on in her Find My app?

You should be able to see her phone and last location when the phone is turned off.

3 replies

How to add child's iPhone to family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.