You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Finder search after upgrading to Cataline

I upgraded to Catalina on my MBP Retina 13"(Late 2013) recently. It was fine till a few days. The issue likely started after the last update: When searching by name for files in Folder through search, nothing shows up(like it used to do before) and just keeps "loading". When I do the same search in Spotlight, all the files are shown, but when I opt for "show all in finder" at the bottom, the same "loading" starts. It is really creating a problem as I use this search a lot to track files with similar names. Earlier, everything on my Mac used to show up in a jiffy. At first I panicked thinking that files had disappeared or that I had been hacked! But I find that the files are very much there, but just not getting found ! Please help

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 1:11 AM

Fixed the above reported issue! Did a couple of forced Quits on Finder followed by a restart. That worked and so far so good! Came across this fix while doing some random browsing.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problem with Finder search after upgrading to Cataline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.