You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Call Blocking

I have a lot of numbers blocked (spam callers), but one today will not stay "blocked" and they are calling every hour or so. The calls ring through despite being on my block list, but the recorded voice messages are in my "blocked" folder in voice mail. The calls also show up on my MacBook Pro to "accept" or "decline". My iPhone is on iOS 13.2.1. How do I fully block these calls? It's been 6 hours now with calls, so I doubt they're going to stop any time soon...

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 2:03 PM

Sorry, I don't know why that isn't working but just in case you aren't already aware, there is a new feature on iOS 13 and later that I find much more effective than blocking. For me, blocking was not very effective as scammers are constantly changing and spoofing the numbers that they use. The new feature stops the phone from ringing if the caller isn't in your contact list. The only downside for me was that I needed to add a few contacts to my list that I wouldn't have otherwise. Since I have turned the option on it has been 100% effective. It is at Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2019 2:03 PM in response to mr_den7

Sorry, I don't know why that isn't working but just in case you aren't already aware, there is a new feature on iOS 13 and later that I find much more effective than blocking. For me, blocking was not very effective as scammers are constantly changing and spoofing the numbers that they use. The new feature stops the phone from ringing if the caller isn't in your contact list. The only downside for me was that I needed to add a few contacts to my list that I wouldn't have otherwise. Since I have turned the option on it has been 100% effective. It is at Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers.

Nov 13, 2019 2:09 PM in response to FoxFifth

I actually used that setting for awhile after I upgraded to iOS 13, but missed a lot of business calls (long story, but I get quite a few legitimate calls from numbers that I can't foresee putting in my contact list before they call. Years ago I should have done a separate business cell and personal cell, but I didn't want to carry 2 phones around. Now this is my penance. Lol!). Thank you for the suggestion!!

Problem with Call Blocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.