You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block caller option not working

Hello,

Till about a month ago I could easily block unwanted spam calls by going to the Recents call list clicking the 'i' symbol scrolling down and clicking Block Caller. This method no longer seems to work. I am currently experiencing a spate of spam calls. There are several numbers which have been ringing regularly all of which are Blocked (I have checked my Blocked list in Settings > Phone). When the unwanted caller rings off, I check the 'i' section and often discover it's already blocked. To help control the situation in Settings > Phone, I have selected Silence Unknown Callers. This is not ideal as someone may be calling me I want to speak to. Using iPhone 8 Plus with OS 13.2.3. 

Grateful for advice :)

iPhone 8 Plus, 13

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:50 AM

Caller ID spoofing is the culprit. The call is not actually coming from the number displayed, it is coming from a different number, that is why you cannot block it. Check with your carrier to see if they have something on their end to help with spam calls. Be careful, they may charge.

5 replies

Block caller option not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.