You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save music from itunes to iphone locally.

I want to be able to move music from itunes to my phone so that the music is actually stored on the phone so I Can listen whenever I want. I have an iPhone 8 and the latest iTunes on my pc.

What exact steps do I need to take to move the songs from itunes to the phone? I didn't purchase anything that is in itunes it is just a collection of music cds from the years. Note, I can open apple music from my settings but there is no music shortcut on my phone?

So when I get home and open itunes what do I do in order to move and save particular albums to be stored locally on the phone? I do NOT want to stream, but have it stored locally in the phone' s storage

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 12:45 PM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2019 2:03 PM in response to Need Out

I'll assume you have Windows 7 or later, which is a requirement.

Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.

Click the device icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. Learn what to do if you don't see the icon

From the list under Settings on the left side of the iTunes window, click the type of content that you want to sync [copy]  To turn syncing on for a content type, select the checkbox next to Sync.

Select the checkbox next to each item that you want to sync.

Click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the window. If syncing doesn't start automatically, click the Sync button.

This will copy all of the music in iTunes to your iPhone. If you don't want all of it click Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres. It will then display all of your music and you can select what you want to copy to your iPhone.

Nov 14, 2019 1:33 PM in response to KiltedTim

This whole article is about sync. Nothing about downloading music from itunes to the phone's local storage. I don't want to sync anything, just move music one time, from itunes to the phone. I wish people could just post steps. I ask nicely and specifically and get a link. These articles never tell everything or tell it in a way that I am NOT trying to use it. NEVER FAILS. . I simply want to open itunes and drag as much music as I can to my phones storage so that I can listen offline anytime.

Nov 14, 2019 1:32 PM in response to Need Out

The link provides detailed instructions. But they are different depending on what kind of computer you have. That's why there are 2 choices when you click the link. If you post your type of computer and operating system I will be happy to open the link then select and copy the instructions for your computer and paste them in this message thread.

Nov 14, 2019 1:51 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have a windows 64bit 10 Dell XPS pc with the latest itunes and an iphone 8 with latest ios. I have no music on the phone now locally. So again, just knowing what to do from start to finish so that when I am done, my phone has locally stored music, that would be great. I don't need to sync anything as this will be a one time thing, as in I have all the music I want to move ready in itunes

Save music from itunes to iphone locally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.