You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting macBook to TV

I have connected my MacBook Pro to my TV with a mini display port cable to the HDMI port on my TV. I get the audio but the image is simple the OS default view of a mountain. How do I get the image of my desktop?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 3:33 PM

It seams you already are in Extended Desktop mode.

You can go to System Preferences->Displays, and see how the displays are arranged. Then drag a window to the edge of the Macbook's screen that is shown there to be next to the TV and it should start to appear on the TV. Just continue to drag it to move it onto the TV.

Alternatively, click on the Mirror Displays checkbox to change the view to Mirrored.

More details here: Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2019 3:33 PM in response to BraveSailor

It seams you already are in Extended Desktop mode.

You can go to System Preferences->Displays, and see how the displays are arranged. Then drag a window to the edge of the Macbook's screen that is shown there to be next to the TV and it should start to appear on the TV. Just continue to drag it to move it onto the TV.

Alternatively, click on the Mirror Displays checkbox to change the view to Mirrored.

More details here: Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

connecting macBook to TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.