You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I connected my 13" MacBook pro to ta TV via cable to HDMI. I get my desktop on the TV display, but nothing else.

I connected my MacBook pro to a TV by cable to HDMI. My desktop displays on the TV, but nothing else will display. How to I put photos, videos, etc on the TV display?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 3:41 PM

<< My desktop displays on the TV, but nothing else >>

Then your Mac and your external display are working as designed. The default setup is usually "extended desktop":

You can drag the blue boxes to arrange the displays in space to correspond with the arrangement on youtr bench. The two displays are concatenated along an edge, and the mouse move across the invisible boundary between displays.

-OR- you can check the [√] Mirror Displays checkbox.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2021 3:41 PM in response to rachat53

<< My desktop displays on the TV, but nothing else >>

Then your Mac and your external display are working as designed. The default setup is usually "extended desktop":

You can drag the blue boxes to arrange the displays in space to correspond with the arrangement on youtr bench. The two displays are concatenated along an edge, and the mouse move across the invisible boundary between displays.

-OR- you can check the [√] Mirror Displays checkbox.

I connected my 13" MacBook pro to ta TV via cable to HDMI. I get my desktop on the TV display, but nothing else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.