You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new phone wont let me register my phone number

I have a new iphone and it is not allowing me to register my phone number to the phone - all the imessages are registered as my email. When I try to add my number in settings>Messages>iMessage>send & receive, I just get a spinning circle next to my phone number.

I also can't share name & Photo in this section because "not available because multiple phone numbers are associated to your apple ID"

When I go to settings>my name>phone numbers and edit the "reachable at" section, it says "cannot verify phone number: This phone number is already associated with your account"

What went wrong??

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 6:41 AM

Hey gsisco,

I understand you're having trouble setting up iMessage on your new iPhone.

Try toggling off iMessage, and then restarting the device using these steps: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After restarting, toggle iMessage back on then test to see if you can add your phone number again. If you're logged in with your Apple ID on another iPhone, try signing out of that device to see if it resolves the issue.

Keep us updated. Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2019 6:41 AM in response to gsisco

Hey gsisco,

I understand you're having trouble setting up iMessage on your new iPhone.

Try toggling off iMessage, and then restarting the device using these steps: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After restarting, toggle iMessage back on then test to see if you can add your phone number again. If you're logged in with your Apple ID on another iPhone, try signing out of that device to see if it resolves the issue.

Keep us updated. Cheers!

new phone wont let me register my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.